In this page...
Stage 2 (Release 2A) changes were deployed to RGS on
19 January 2018.
These enhancements are a combination of Stage 2 ongoing development by the RGS Project Team, and user feedback captured through
RGS.Support@health.wa.gov.au, user experience workshops and Business User Group (BUG) representatives. A list of all Stage 2 changes are available from *What's new in RGS?*.
The following features have been added to RGS:
The ability to lodge a complaint related to a project, HREC or RG Office is now available within RGS. This replaces the current
WA Health Research Complaint Form which will be removed from the RGS website.
Once logged onto RGS, users will be able to access this form through their left menu and submit it to the relevant HREC or RG Office. Researchers and administrators can complete this form on behalf of a complainant (e.g. patient) if they wish to remain anonymous. This section will contain all documents, letters related to the complaint which is only accessible to those 'invited' to view the complaint (e.g. chief executive).
The following RGS enhancements were implemented on 31 August 2017.
· Chevron with links to ‘next steps’ guidelines to make RGS more intuitive· Project Details - ! an exclamation mark will appear if unauthorised
· Added ability to sort columns and added HREC approval date
· Risk type populated from HREC review decision
· Warning message to only add NMA sites (not private, university sites)
· Users will be sent an email notification when they have a Project Task that has been initiated by another user
· When a General Task is sent to another user, it will be viewable in the initiators ‘Tasks assigned to others’ and disappear when it has been actioned
· Coordinating Principal Investigators (CPI) can now be a PI Delegate
· Project Members can view the validation of forms & documents on clicking a link in ‘view’, not on ‘date’(as previously)
· Special characters in document names are allowed
· Tooltips available on ‘view’ mode in addition to ‘edit’ mode· Close Button available on ‘view’ mode – ability to close form using this button· Emails are sent to CPI/Delegate and PI/Delegate when forms are signed by Hospital Administrators (governance) and PIs (ethics)· ‘Pending signatures’ status added to forms when form has been ‘Marked Complete’ but not signed prior to authorisation· Green coloured form index added – when section of form is complete, the section turns green. It changes when you click the ‘Next’ and ‘Mark Complete’ buttons· Changed WASM questions that are not populating correctly to yes/no selection
· Added a ‘Total’ row to section 3 for the total cost, $ funding, in-kind funding columns· Warning message if used clicks ‘unlock’ for research/supporting department if the section has already been authorised to prevent accidental removal of authorisation
· Require RGS Admin approval when user profile is updated for change of name, primary and alternate email addresses (extra security)
· Ensure name changes are populated throughout system· Added RGS Admin task to approve request to update user’s details
· Include new ‘area of research specialty’ – Emergency Medicine
· Alibility to notify recipient of new comment via email· Ability to flag inappropriate comment for removal by RGS Admin· Flag comments tab with number of new / recent comments for 7 days
· Add multiple attachments (with links) to a letter & ability to view signed letter· Populated validation email with forms/documents that have been validated· New ethics submission email with form/documents that have been submitted
You're using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. If you know your Internet Explorer version
is up to date, you may be in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode must be disabled for RGS to function properly.
Please contact your Service Desk for assistance.