Hospital Administrator User Guide
Budget list of categories
Principal Investigators (PI) that require either a service or support for a research project from a supporting department (department which is providing resources or services to support the research department) must request a quote and authorisation from the Head of the Supporting Department (HoSD) or their delegate. The type of service/support, cost and funding (whether monetary or in-kind support) must be documented in the RGS Budget Form.
The PI will nominate the HoSD (or delegate) when they select the supporting departments in the Budget Form and send them an invitation to provide a service. This will allow the HoSD to:
the My Tasks page, click the ‘Request to Quote/Authorise’ link found under
The Budget Form has 3 screens:
4. In the ‘Site Project Budget’ you can add an item by clicking the ‘Add’ button. The Service & Support drop down menu has a search facility and will tailor the results based on what you type; the results will be any item with word in it. The list of service and support items that are available on this page.
5. Based on the protocol, enter the service/support item, a cost description if required (i.e. the usual name of the item), cost and quantity. To calculate the quantity you should review, the number of participants and time frame of the project which is listed on the 'Department Selection' screen. For additional information on selecting service and support items refer to 'Add service and support items' in the
Help Wiki: Add, fill out and authorise a Budget Form.
The PI may have already entered the service/support items and quantity; these can be edited before authorisation. If so, review the items against the protocol and enter the cost per item. The screen can be expanded or you can drag the scroll bar found at the bottom of the grid to view the other columns.
6. To remove an item prior to authorising, select the item and click ‘Remove’.
If you wish to make changes, click 'Unlock' and the previous authorisation will reset. The items under the supporting department can be edited at this point. Remember that if the section of the budget is unlocked it will have to be authorised again. Press 'Save & Close' to save your changes and close the budget, this will make the budget available to other users.
1. If your department is unable to provide the services or support from your department for the research project, click on 'Decline'.
2. A comment screen will launch. You will need to provide a reason to the PI for declining the request to provide a service/support for the project.
3. Click 'Save' to proceed with declining the use of the services for your department.
After saving, if you wish to remove the comment or provide a new one, you will have to unlock this department quote, click 'Decline' again and provide a new comment.
To confirm that you declined the provision of your service successfully, the department will display 'Declined' with your name and the date of declining. If you hover-over the word 'Declined', the reason will be shown.
If you wish to make changes, click 'Unlock' and the previous authorisation will be reset. The items under the supporting department can be edited again at this point.
If you are using a current version of Internet Explorer, you may be in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode must be disabled for RGS to function properly.
Please contact your Service Desk for assistance.