This section displays active tasks that are not overdue. When you have completed a task, click 'Finish Task' to indicate that you have performed the required action. This will exit the task and move it to the Archived view. For Group Tasks, once you 'take' the task, the Finish Task button will be displayed.
This section displays tasks that are past their due date i.e. they are tasks highlighted in
'red'. When you have completed a task, click 'Finish Task' to indicate that you have performed the required action. This will exit the task and move it to the Archived view.
This section displays tasks that you have completed. Click 'View' if you wish to return to the page where the task action was performed. The 'Back to Tasks' button will exit the task and return you to the Current Tasks screen.
New Group Tasks
These are tasks for the group(s) that you belong to that have not yet been assigned or taken by anyone from that group.Taken Group TasksThese are tasks that have been taken by others within your group.Declined Group TasksThese are tasks that someone in your group has declined on behalf of the group.My TasksThis is a list of tasks assigned only to you or that you have taken from the group tasks.
Tasks Assigned to OthersThis is a list of tasks you have assigned to others.
This is a list of tasks you have assigned to others.
1. Click on 'Tasks' on the menu situated on the left-hand side of the screen. The 'Current Tasks' page will launch. Click 'Create Task' to create a new task.
2. Complete the Task Form. All mandatory fields have a red asterisk (*) next to them.
3. Click 'Save' to create the task and assign it to the assignee. Click 'Cancel' to discard any changes made, and you will be directed back to the Tasks page.
4. The assignee will receive a task and an email notification with a link to the Task.
5. The assignee can send a response back to the Initiator through the Task Form and then click 'Finish Task', or alternatively decline the task by clicking 'Decline Task'.
6. The initiator will receive the response to the task in an email. The task move to the Assignee's Archived Tasks.
1. To update an existing task, click on the task's name.
2. Specific fields for the task depending on the task type will be shown in the Task Form. All mandatory fields have a red asterisk (*) next to them.
3. You may update these fields, and click 'Save' to save the changes. Click 'Cancel' to discard any changes made, and you will be directed back to the Tasks page.
1. To start working on a task currently assigned to a group you belong to, click 'Take Task' on the Task Form view. The task will now be assigned to you, with your name in the 'Task taken by' field.
2. If you leave the Task Form view and have been directed back to the Tasks page, the task will appear under 'My Tasks' section.
1. You may be unable to action a task and therefore wish to reassign a task back to its previously assigned group. To do this, click 'Re-assign to Group' on the Task Form view.
2. If you leave the Task Form view and have been directed back to the Tasks page, the task will appear under 'New Group Tasks' section.
Some tasks generated within RGS 'archive' automatically after the assignee has taken appropriate action. An example of this type of task is the New User Access Request.
To finish a task, click 'Archive Task' on the Task Form view. Make sure you have actioned the task (e.g. signed the SSA Form) before clicking finish. If you click ‘Archive Task’ before actioning the task (by mistake), you can still access the task (and therefore the project) in Archived Tasks.
Other referencesAll Users (Getting Started) Guide
If you are using a current version of Internet Explorer, you may be in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode must be disabled for RGS to function properly.
Please contact your Service Desk for assistance.